Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Go Big or Go Home

As I wait at the gate to board the plane all I can currently think about is how hungry I am. Lets rewind a bit to a few nights leading up to now. I thought I had everything together for the most part until I didn’t. As I went through and checked off the things I had there were still things that I needed. Time literally seemed to just fly away because everything that could pop up seemed to make its way. I frantically tried to make sure that I seen everyone before I left and barely left time to rest, but hey that’s what the plane is for. I picked up all my last minute items and here we are. Somehow I still left my student ID, but who needs that when I look 17 anyway.

My mom and boyfriend came to see me off and it was way harder to leave them than I thought. I’ve traveled before and even been out the country before, but this time is a lot different just because of the time that we will be away. I stayed strong and positive up until the gate and broke down. It was a lot to handle and grasp, but all is well. I will miss my big baby Melo (my dog) probably the most. I know that everything after this point will be totally worth it so it kind of outweighs all the sadness.

As time approaches the more anxious I get. I am so excited to see all the wonderful things we are about to embark on.  Not everyday does one get to travel abroad, and by this being my last semester at Texas A&M, it makes it a bit sweeter. I’m not quite sure what I am going to do on the weekends, but I definitely want to go to London, Italy and Berlin if there is time. Either way I am just excited for everything and being able to network abroad as well. I love to eat so I am excited to try all the dishes my beautiful host family will have and everything that I come across within these 4 months.



I can’t wait to look back and see how much I have grown after this trip and how much of a baby I was for crying at the airport! Well this is going to conclude this post because now I’m super hungry and only have and hour until boarding time. The quest for food begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment