Sunday, January 21, 2018

Part 1

This beginning of this journey has been pretty cool. I definitely didn’t want to start school after having such a great trip to the wine tasting. The food was great there and the first wine choice was so good I bought a bottle to go home. We went out the first weekend to scope the scene and Bonn. We found this really cool bar that apparently no one has ever heard of; that’s definitely going to be our spot just because of their happy hour special. On the day of the scavenger hunt we got to taste some type of warm wine; I’m not sure of the name but in that moment I realized That there was no occasion where wine wasn’t welcomed. 

The first week was horrifying as well because of transportation. It was kind of like we were babies being thrown out the house without learning how to talk first. I literally got lost even when I thought I knew how to get home. I definitely think we should have had the tour earlier so we knew what to do and some sort of direction. 

It was great that we actually didn’t start school until Wednesday. I was late on the first day due to the ice storm. I did not enjoy moving around in that type off weather. So far I’m pretty excited about the Physiology class because it’s super interesting and it all ties into the anatomy information I've learned last semester. Apparently I have great pronunciation in German according to Hilde; however I do not think that German will be a specialty of mine because it all sounds wrong after translation. I hate that our genetics class is super late and I have to get back home late for dinner. I wish we could web stream at home. 

This weekend we ventured off to Belgium and it was great. I came to experience the infamous waffles and they did not disappoint. We did a lot of sight seeing and I’m excited for the trips to come. Now I'm wore out from the bus ride and can't wait to return to Bonn. 

Until part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment