Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Week 2: If I had a euro for every time I fell on those Brussels sidewalks...


Week 2

This entire experience has put me way out of my comfort zone. I am trying new foods, visiting new countries, and learning a new language. Since my last post, school has officially started and it brought deadlines and assignments. I think the classes I enjoy the most are German and Physiology. So far, the hardest part has been finding time to study and prioritize after I get home from class. '

This past week we visited Cologne (or Köln). I fell in love with the big city and I am planning on going back to shop! My favorite part was going to the top of the Kölner Dom. The view as the sun was setting was majestic. It is in those moments that you realize how grand the world is and how much there is still left to discover. 

After Cologne, most of us traveled to Brussels for the weekend. It was a new experience to travel on my own and stay at a hostel with strangers in the room. My time in Brussels was spent eating waffles, buying chocolate, and visiting landmarks. I also learned (the hard way) that my boots and cobblestone sidewalks mixed with rain are not a good combination. I loved my time in Brussels and it made me excited for the rest of my weekend travels. 


Tschüss!

No comments:

Post a Comment