Thursday, January 18, 2018

First Week

It has been the first week of my stay in Bonn and I am loving it. Time is flying by and there is so much to see in this city. I greatly enjoy our excursions, visiting a winery and visiting Aachen have all been memorable experiences. It is almost impossible to be homesick here in paradise. The AIB coordinators are very helpful and nice in guiding us around Bonn and giving tips here and there. Tomorrow we will be visiting Cologne which is the outer part of Bonn. It is a much bigger version of Bonn and emulates a big city life.
My first weekend excursion for this trip will be in Brussels and I will be going with the majority of the people in the program. I am very excited to see what Brussels will offer me and most importantly what food I will indulge in over there. Traveling across Europe is very easy since you can just take a short train ride to any city. I am excited to plan my future excursions and what else Europe has to offer.
Overall, I am greatly enjoying my time here. This last weekend I familiarized myself with Bonn. I attempted to navigate through the city and locate the street goods and most importantly the AIB. I caught up on sleep and cured my jet lag. My host mother is incredible since she makes the best food and is enjoyable to converse with. Our dinner talks are lengthy and I am learning so much about the country of Germany.
The street food here is amazing as there are so many options to choose from. This week I tried the curry wurst and it is a german sausage coated with delicious sauce with a piece of bread. The bread here is amazing since it is very filling and full of flavor. I also tried the meat and cheese which is delicious alongside with the German bread. The chocolate here is amazing and is rich in cacao. It has a much richer flavor than chocolate back home and I cannot get enough of it. I am looking forward to my time here in Europe!

No comments:

Post a Comment