Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Week 1- I miss hot cheetos and my car

Thursday 01/11- Sunday 01/14

Since arriving in Germany, I have learned three things:
1. No bed will ever replace my bed in College Station.
2. I want to join a program back at A&M that is dedicated to helping foreign students acclimate to the College Station culture.
3. I should treasure every moment with my family (except when they make me go to the grocery store!).

The first week passed by before my eyes. I would totally say I am suffering from a severe case of homesickness, so the fact that time going by quickly is comforting (that might not be the case when I run out of free weekends to travel Europe on) The first time I FaceTimed my family I could not hold back my tears, which of course made my mom cry. I am slowly getting used to being in Bonn and I think the AiB and everyone in this program is helping.

My host family is so interesting and fun to talk to. Although this scared the introvert within me, I enjoy talking politics and world news with my host dad. My host mom is an amazing cook and makes sure I am well and encourages me to travel as much as I can. I have two host brothers that I live with and there are two other siblings that I have not met yet. On Sunday, I even attended my host brother's orchestra concert and felt like a part of the family! On another note, I promised myself that the complete uphill walk from my house to the bus stop will not leave me out of breath at the end of this semester. I will conquer that hill.


tschüss tschüss tschüss (because my host mom never just says tschüss once)

-Claudia Mendoza



No comments:

Post a Comment