Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Going German

Hi, 
This is the biggest adventure of my life yet. Like anything, I procrastinate til the very last minute! This blog post is that as well. But why? Because I wanted to avoid thinking about what it's really going to be like over in Germany thousands of miles away from friends, family and of course Chick-fil-A. Although it's going to be the adventure of a lifetime, high and lows is the easiest and best way for me to describe my emotions. So my high for this trip, or what I am looking forward to most is the change in culture! I am excited to live with a host family and truly be emerged in the culture. My host family is amazing already, they have three kids who all more talented than the rest. They will help me with my music skills and hopefully I'll help them program a robot, maybe. Low is truly the unknown of what can happen in a minute. This past fall semester was the hardest semester ever but then again I'm only in my second year. The unknown of where I am going, who I will meet, what will I eat( #picky eater), and what I'll do is all terrifying and exciting. I expect to get homesick, to get sick, to get tired but through it all have fun! I have to remind myself it is a STUDY abroad, where one must study. But once we get to the AIB, I'll get the studying started. Until my next post, 
Thanks and talk to you soon! 
I'm going GERMAN! 
PSA: My Plane leaves in less than 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment