Friday, January 26, 2018

House of Homework

This was not a fun week. The whole time, I was stuck doing homework or going to doctor appointments in the mornings. That meant getting a lot less sleep than I am used to. However, Thursday was somewhat of a break. That day, the biosciences group went to the House of History and I learned about Germany in post WW2. This is a topic that I have always been curious about, since I always wondered how Germany was able to rebuild itself and become a world power. It was very interesting to see how Germany was able to use its manufacturing prowess to get itself back on a global level. What was especially interesting was the debate about what kind of economy a post-war Germany should have. While making Germany an agrarian country would have been foolish from an economic standpoint, I understand how countries felt the need to proactively stop any chance of WW3. The entire premise about alternate histories and how different the world could be always fascinates me. However, I am just hoping for a fun weekend that makes up for all time I spent doing homework this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment