Sunday, January 21, 2018

The Quirky Start

Hallo!
First week here in BONN, and what an adventure! I have found myself homesick more than expected, from doing laundry to picking out a shampoo. All tasks that I’ve done countless times but are now a puzzle. I’ve still managed to settled in quite nicely here in Bonn. My host Family is amazing, and boy can they cook. This week I want to highlight the new quirky things I have noticed: (Like a memory jar)

-       The doors are super cool, they can open not just one way but two. First like a normal door and second like a leaner.
-       All the art in the homes are homemade, at least in every house I’ve been in.
-       The fridges are tiny, like one I had in my dorm room.
-       The light switches are huge
These are just a few things around just my house that I have noticed.
            Classes have been amazing here, I’ve only had one day and now I am done for the week. Many others still have some but I just got really lucky this week. The day off has been nice, since this weekend will be a very packed. This program has been not stop since we’ve gotten here, which has been great. From going to meet with Enmodes in Aachen, touring a cathedral, and to wine tasting in the mountains. Tomorrow we leave for a day in Cologne, so I must go pack. But I will post more about my travels after this weekend.
                                                                                                            XOXO,

                                                                                                                        Going German (G.G.)

No comments:

Post a Comment