Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Germany feels so far away but yet so close

       I am so excited for this trip, sure I get the bugs and the butterflies that something is going to happen back here or abroad, but then I think if I never try something new I'll never experience what could have been for my life. I'm one of seven kids so we never really traveled much especially outside of the US. I have only been outside of the US once in my life and it was spring break, freshmen year of college in Mexico in which we got to see some of the temples, and how the college runs, and some of the best food I've ever tasted. So I haven't had to much travel time under my belt but since this is an opportunity of a lifetime I've done nothing much except save for this trip.

       I have communicated with my host family and they are so nice it's is incredible. So far they have already insured me that it will be freezing when we get there so.. looks like skiing (which I've never done before) is a YES!!!! In fact, I've never have seen snow in person for more than two days so this is going to be a big nature shock for me. Fortunately, I have met some great friends and family who has seen this kind of weather before and have stated that the jackets I've bought won't go to waste over there because it will not be really hot like Texas.

       But what I'm extremely excited about doing in Europe, which I never thought I would be able to do, is visit some of the most famous places on earth like Paris, Berlin, London, the Vatican, Rome, the Alps, my tribe in Scotland, as well as many more places like this. To see where history took place and territories emperors ruled is fascinating to me. To see where the Germany wall was once placed and where castles still stand is like.. to hard to describe in words. And the food that will be available to me when we get there, like I can't even wait to try it. I just hope I don't go broke by the end of this trip.

       Peace out everybody, I'll post again when I get to Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment