Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Wien in Krakow, do as the Polish do.

This past week, I was exhausted. I've been traveling every single weekend since the first weekend they allowed us. And of course here were the program excursions, as well. Mayschoß, Aachen, Köln, Maastricht, Berlin, Vienna, Kraków. All in less than a month. That's a lot of transportation. A lot of hostels, a lot of brushing my teeth in a public bathroom. A lot of pulling my hair back into a ponytail and sleeping in my day clothes. And a lot of homework, back to back classes, weather troubles, and missed buses. It has been eventful. It has been contentful. Full of content for this blog and my journal and my video compilation, that is.
 




I'm currently on a flight back from Kraków to Düsseldorf and honestly the weather we are flying through isn't great and I wasn't scared at all and it was even kinda exciting, like a rollercoaster, but wow we just dropped a decent height and that was a little scary!!!!! I ironically just put this device on airplane mode as if that would help the turbulence. I hope Josh is okay up there. I know he hasn't flown much. 

OMG WE JUST LANDED THANK GOD
---------------------------------
Last night, Ana and I came home to an empty and locked house, and with no key. After multiple failed calls to our host family, we asked for help from the neighbor. She spoke to our host sister in German and we found that the only way to get in was to climb through the underground cellar. An adventure, it was.

This morning, we found out that the daughter was gone because our host mom's mother had just died in the Uniklinik. Ana and I are apprehensive about what's to come, and we aren't sure how to handle it or what to say or do. We don't know what the state of our family will be in for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment