Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Quick week = quick post.

It was really nice to be back in Bonn this week, and back to a semi-routine. Of course our class schedule is always random but at least I don't have to constantly map out where I'm going! This week was somewhat relaxed, with no strict plans other than the first Genetics exam. The first half was focused on studying for the exam (I GOT AN A!!!!!!!!) and the second half was focused on starting my training for the marathon relay. Dr. Fajt was here this week to host a few pharmacology workshops, which I was nervous about because I thought they would be heavily chemistry based, but they weren't so bad. We also tried a new form of meditation in HOM, which was nice to switch things up with the healing sounds & a little Tai Chi. Another big part of the week included preparing for a big presentation of our problems with the ECMO system for Enmodes... get excited!

So after all the studying, I began running! I started with only 3 km, and 7 km of biking when I went to try out one of the expensive gyms nearby. It was nice, and I got to sit in the sauna and have a really long shower afterwards, plus it was Valentine's day, so I got a rose on the way out! I won't be joining the gyms cause they're all hella expensive and/or won't let me join without getting a German bank account, but ohhhh well. Then on Saturday I ran 2.5 miles (without stopping, go me!) which included a not-so-fun huge hill. Sorry for the changing units, I just did it based on what was available - the gym machines vs my health app.

The weekend was also super chill - I cleaned my room, did some laundry, and watched an entire Netflix series. It was nice to have a weekend similar to what I would do at home when I need a break. The following week is going to include lots more studying for a Physiology test coming up in a week and a half, and another Genetics test the week after. And of course, I have to interrupt that studying next weekend with a trip to Milan during fashion week... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment