Monday, February 4, 2019

Nuevo Hogar

Academics:
This week, I finally started to get used to the no routine routine that we have for classes and assignments. And I felt like I was actually in school having classes.
This week was particularly stressful because I had to get all my homework and projects done by Thursday because I had a flight to Madrid on Friday at 9 in the morning and I was not planning on doing homework in Spain. The part that I struggled the most with, but that I really enjoyed was finishing up the first part of the enmodes project. At the beginning of the project I felt extremely clueless and did not even know where to start researching, but once I started reading the textbook and some articles I learned so much more than I was expecting and the more I read the more I wanted to learn. I also realized how little I truly know about how the body works.

Personal:
I. Went. To. Spain. Throughout my entire life, going to Spain has been one of my biggest dreams and this weekend I was finally able to do it. As soon as the plane landed I immediately fell in love with the country and the people and it really was so much better than I could have ever imagined.
The plane landed at 12:50pm in Madrid and we were planning on going straight to the hotel to drop our stuff off and then go sight seeing, but we quickly realized that the public transportation in Germany was completely different than in Spain, and not in a good way. We went from metro to metro to bus and we still managed to get dropped off 45 minutes from the hotel. So 3 hours later we were finally at the hotel completely exhausted and starving. We decided to take a quick 15 minute break and then go exploring through Madrid.
Those three days in Spain and walked more than I ever have, I went to more museums and palaces than I have ever seen, and took more pictures than my camera roll could hold. I loved every single second of it. I loved the people, the food, the culture, and everywhere you looked, there was some museum or palace or just some beautiful monument. Five minutes in, I knew this was the place I want to spend the rest of my life in.





No comments:

Post a Comment