Monday, February 4, 2019

First Week

First week in Germany

First week of being here in Germany has been so great and thankful. Arriving early on Sunday before our program start, I met Tobias – We call him Tobi. Tobi is one of the student workers here in AIB and it just happened that I would be living with him for 4 days! He came out to pick up me in late night raining day and we build a great friendship within these few days that made us so sad when it was my time to get to my host parents. But still, for sure I will be hanging out with Tobi and we are planning to visit his hometown Essen together. Then I met my host parents, Edith and Egbert. Seriously, I can most strongly say that they are the best host parents that I could have ever met. They were so welcoming to have me with them and I am feeling very loved, helped, safe, and comfortable within this ‘home’ with my German parents. All my worries become thanks, and all my prayers become praises.

No comments:

Post a Comment