Sunday, February 17, 2019

Vienna!!

Our week in Vienna was amazing and I loved my time there. I didn't love having to leave Bonn at 4AM, but Masha's host mom packed her 4 loaves of bread and those absolutely saved me that morning. But, otherwise the trip was great! I really enjoyed spending the week with my classmates learning more about the medical history Vienna has to offer. I had a lot of fun touring around Vienna with my friends and finding fun coffeeshops to study in (it was a Starbucks, but I thrived). After Vienna, I went to Poland with some friends from the program. One of my favorite parts of our trip to Poland was the overnight train Masha, Sebastian, and I took. It was so much better than the Flixbus Masha and I took to Munich earlier this semester. Our train was fairly empty and each of us got split up into separate cabins. But thankfully the man in my cabin spoke Russian, so Masha was able to convince him to switch cabins with her. It was an overnight train and I finally slept so much better overnight, besides getting woken up every hour to have our ticket checked, it was great and made the 8-hour train ride go so much faster. Once getting to Poland we had some time to explore around the town before heading on a 2-hour bus ride to visit Auschwitz. I am very thankful we made the trip to Poland to see Auschwitz. It was a horrible, yet eye opening experience and I am grateful to the people at the museum who found it necessary to tell this story of World War 2 history.  

As for academics, we are beginning to have exams as it is almost test week for me. I have realized that I feel less stressed here in Germany about school than I do back home in College Station. That is most likely due to the fact that we are constantly surrounded by 60,000 plus stressed out college students on the daily in Cstat, but I have enjoyed feeling less stressed here. I hope I can bring this feeling back to College Station in the fall. 





No comments:

Post a Comment