Sunday, February 17, 2019

Week 5: Nuthin Much

This week was very uneventful... It was mostly just normal classes with a few interesting things in between.

As I think I've mentioned before, at the beginning (or end) of our history of medicine class we do Qigong. Well Dr. Wasser wanted to change things up a little bit and during one of our sessions, he had us do a type of verbal Qigong. This entailed us sitting cross-legged on the floor and placing our hands on certain places on our abdomen and making a specific "healing sound." It was a very interesting experience, but I don't think it had much more of an effect then just being interesting. Then on Wednesday, we did a different type of "meditation" which was the first 10 steps of T'ai Chi. It was really cool to do and it was a little more interesting then just doing Qigong since with this one you are learning a sequence of moves, not just the individual movements themselves.

The only thing outside of classes that I did this week was go to the movies on Saturday to go watch How to Train Your Dragon 3. After working on homework nonstop for the past few days, going to this movie was such a stress relief. It was such a good movie and if I had more time (and money), I would have watched it multiple times in the theaters. It was a great ending to the series even though I hate that it is ending cause these movies were the best.

After everything this week has been pretty good. I have still yet to plan for spring break but I think things are slowly coming together. I am looking into going to London with Joshua and maybe Madi, after that to Amsterdam with Melania, and then after that to Dublin with whoever is wanting to go. I have a feeling that spring break is going to be an expensive week but it will be great nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment