Monday, February 4, 2019

Ich bin ein Berliner!


2/1-2/2 Trip to Berlin

           Josh, Vivian, Sabastian, Yoong and I have gone to Berlin for two days. Throughout the trip, I am very sure and satisfied that I learned a lot from this trip. First, I learned a lot historically. Going to the Museum Island especially the Pergamon museum, I learned about the culture and history of middle east Asia which was very interesting and attractive to me. Also, some of the remnants are related to Christianity which becomes another great evidence of the origin of Christian Bible. Also, before I was not knowledgeable about the Nazi government and Holocausts, and by visiting the Holocaust memorial and museums, it helped me much to understand the situation of those desperate time. Lastly, I learned about Germany’s division and reunification, especially the fact that Berlin was located inside the east Germany while half of Berlin belonged to West Berlin. Other than these learnings, I had some cultural shock on hearing that there is a club that people took of their clothes while in there. Overall, I found Berlin as very interesting and informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment