Sunday, February 17, 2019

Week 5: Everyone get the AIB phone

 Our week back in Bonn after Vienna and Poland was a bit stressful in the beginning but got better towards the end of the week. I had my first Genetics and Communication exams on Wednesday, so preparing for those was time consuming, but thankfully both are over now. The rest of the week was fairly chill, and I did not do much more than school. This past weekend was scary, yet fun! Masha and I decided to try a German restaurant near the Bonn-UN campus and agreed to both meet there at 8:30PM and then walk to the restaurant together. Neither of us had service as we both connect to WiFi whenever we can to avoid paying a lot of money. I arrived at the station at 8:30PM and Masha was nowhere to be found. I figured her train was delayed (per the usual) and decided to walk up and down the platform to stay warm. Around 9PM she is still not there, and I found WiFi at the nearest school and connected to it and began looking up restaurants nearby to stay warm in while I wait because at this point, my hands were frozen. 9:15PM and still no Masha. I decide to look up my train schedule and debate going back home to get warm as I figured maybe her bus had never shown up (which happens often). I’m about to get on my 9:30PM train and I see Masha coming around the corner to find out her bus was in fact, delayed 40 minutes. Now, I have her AIB phone number, so I never have to suffer in the cold for that long ever again. But, after this, we decided that the restaurant was too far to walk to since I was partially frozen and found a closer restaurant. Once arriving at this restaurant, we recognize that it is very fancy, and we are poor college students who cannot avoid such luxury and decide to venture back to the city and find somewhere near Bonn University to eat that is cheap. We find ourselves at Brauhaus Bonnsch restaurant and finally eat dinner at 10:30PM. It ended up being a good night and now I understand the importance of the AIB phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment