Wednesday, February 20, 2019

How Much Math Homework Can a Person Legally be Given

After basically 10 straight days of traveling, we finally got a normal week back in Bonn. It was business as usual for the whole week, with some exceptions. First, we discovered this amazing place to eat called Uni Grill, where you can get falafel or doner for just zwei Euros each. It's now my go to for lunch, but I'll still hop on over to Mandu or Uni Burger if I'm feeling it that day. Another new good thing this week was the class schedule. For the first time in the month we've been here, I got to get to school later than 10:15, and leave the school earlier than 5. Which, as simple as it sounds, made me unreasonably joyful. But, unfortunately, we also had our last German class with Hilde this week. I didn't know we only had 10 sessions with Hilde; I thought it was going to be a whole semester class. It definitely lightens my course load a little, but I would still rather continue to learn the language and have a tiny bit of homework than stop only a month in. Regardless, we have our kindergarten level final next week. Although us BMEN kids didn't have to be at the school as much this week, doesn't mean we weren't. Of course, no week in an engineer's life would ever be complete without three separate math assignments, a circuits assignment, a medical device design assignment, German homework, and a presentation to a bioengineering firm to throw together. Not to mention I had diffeq homework due the night I got back from Krakow too. I think I actually spent more time at AIB on Saturday and Sunday than I did any other day of the week. And then this coming week I have yet another math assignment due, as well as a circuits test. I'm just looking forward to 2 weeks from now, when I've taken my first round of tests and the only thing I need to worry about is my costume for Karneval and making my flights on time.

Travel-wise, I need to actually start making plans. I know where I want to visit, I just need to pick weekends and get to booking. I haven't decided if I'm going anywhere over Karneval weekend or not; if I do I might go to Amsterdam since it's a long weekend. Brussels would work the first weekend of spring break before my family arrives on Monday. I need to find a way to Florence too, and Munich. I'd love to see the UK too but I really do not have that time or money, emphasis on time and money. I've had a fried recommend Switzerland too, but that's another money thing. This coming weekend I actually have figured out, I'm going to Cologne for a soccer game and then hopefully seeing a museum or two. Lastly, I signed up to run in a relay for the Bonn Marathon, which should be great if I actually train for it but if not I'm gonna be sucking wind for the whole 7.5 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment