Saturday, February 9, 2019

Castles are the move (Week 3. Sorry this is late WiFi is nonexistent in Wien)

This past week was great, but my weekend trip to Munich was probably the most exciting. Masha and I visited Munich together, but our adventure getting there was the most riveting. To get there the cheapest way possible, we took a Flixbus to and from the Munich central station from Bonn. Our entire travel time was 8 hours there and 8 hours back which was rough, but exciting. We went to Fussen our second day there and traveled to visit the Neuschwanstein castle, which was unbelievably beautiful. I was really proud of us because we figured out how to get to and from the castle, which included a 2 hour train ride, a shuttle, and a 30 minute hike. The town of Fussen was really cute and quaint and I really enjoyed getting to explore the town after our trip to the castle. Our trip went perfectly, all except our bus ride back. On our 8 hour trip back to Bonn, I studied Genetics to prepare for our upcoming exam. Unfortunately, due to the exhaustion of sitting in a smelly bus for 8 hours, I forgot to grab my school notebook from the seat when we left because I sprinted off the bus immediately after pulling into Bonn to receive some fresh air. Along with my Genetics notes, I lost everything for all my other classes as well because all of those papers were in my notebook. As upsetting as this was, it helped me grow because now I will be extremely careful handling my materials, but also, I learned how to adapt to the loss of my things and figure out how to quickly adapt to similar situations. 

For academics, it has still been difficult to adequately study for classes while trying to explore and visit new places that I might never get to opportunity to see again. Otherwise, I have been enjoying the lectures and am thankful we do not really have homework. The only thing I really have to do for most of my classes is study for exams, which I appreciate on this program!




No comments:

Post a Comment