Monday, February 4, 2019

Week 3

Going to Madrid was the highlight of my week! I started off my trip by going to a contemporary art museum called the Reina Sofia museum. The tickets were free for two hours that night which meant that I had to take advantage of looking at free art work. After the museum we went to the museums bar, which was defiantly the coolest, chill, hip bar I've ever been too. I chose to not drink during this weekend just because Ive drinken every weekend since Ive gotten to Europe and I wanted to see the new city with clear eyes. After my friends and I were done with that bar we decided to stay out all night long at other bars. The next day was way better, we spent hours at another art museum. Sunday was another great day we went to a beautiful park called Retario Park which had small green parrots, a crystal place, another palace with art work, and FOOD. It was definitely the best park Ive been to. Later that day we watched the sunset at the biggest palace in Europe. The self guided tour was stunning, I loved seeing so many different rooms decorated so differently and beautifully. Being able to see the sunset at their patios made it so much better. Having to wake up at 2 am that morning was not enjoyable, since our flight was at 6:30 am. However, since it was an early flight nobody was on the flight and I got to sleep on the entire row and was able to make it to school on time.

Pharacology has been an amazing class, I was hesitant to take this class because of the grade distribution and the large amount of course work but I don't regret taking the class. We have learned so much in so little time and since our class is 6 students its super intimate. Dr. Faith made us walk into our DMs and our apotheke. It was very different from our local CVS and Walgreens. They differ in how vitamins are advertised and what is sold over the counter. The DMs seem like CVS and Walgreens but they don't actually sell prescription medications and only sell vitamins that have a very  herbal look to the packaging. Actual medications are sold at the apotheke where if you need to buy anything you first need to talk to a pharmacist. Even to get over the counter pain killers you needed to talk to the pharmacist just to get it in your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment