Friday, April 5, 2013

Paris, family, birthday, Easter!

So not many people can say they took a week off from school during the middle of the semester, but I was lucky enough to have a short break. Last Monday my parents flew into Bonn and I would go to class and have every afternoon to spend with them. We went to Cologne to see the Dom, the chocolate museum, and the works, and we also got a day in Bonn to go to the market, get gelato, and see my daily life here. Thursday I ended class at 11:00 and we hopped on a train and went to Paris! Upon arriving in Paris, I was immediately in love with the language, I HAVE to learn French one day (both my roomies for the fall speak it, so hopefully I'll pick some up). We spent the evening drinking Bordeaux and wandering the open air market near our hotel. Friday we spent the entire day marveling at masterpieces of artwork at the Louve, and Saturday we travelled to Versaille (a little busy) and the Eiffel Tower (cleared out because of a bomb threat). Sunday was Easter, as well as my 20th birthday, so we went to Mass at Notre Dame and drank real champagne and watched Les Miserables (which I'm thankful I didn't see until now, or else I wouldn't have understood the relevance in French history). Monday was rough after a relaxing week; and saying goodbye wasn't easy, and I had a long morning by myself. I hopped back on a train to reality and suffered through another week of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment