Friday, April 26, 2013

Homeopathy and Wuppertal!

A few of us did our 485 this past Thursday and got to visit with an animal homeopathy. She even brought her own dog and gave us a short demonstration. It will really fascinating to hear the animal aspect of homeopathy, especially after hearing the lecture on human homeopathy in Vienna. I’m not sure how much holistic medicine for animals will catch on, especially back home, but I would definitely be interested in incorporating some homeopathic substitutes for prescriptions in my practice one day. Afterwards, we went to Wuppertal for a private behind-the-scenes tour of the zoo. This was super neat! Our guide was the head curator at the zoo and he took us behind locked doors to see some of the animals up close and personal. He also knew every animal like the back of his hand and would just rattle off interesting facts about them as we passed. My favorite part was the elephants. We got there just in time to see them giving their bull elephant a bath. It blew my mind to watch the trainers say simple commands, such as “come” or “lay”, and then watching this 4.5 ton beast obey like a dog! It was a beautiful zoo, one of the prettiest I’ve ever been too, and I’m glad I got to go on this adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment