Monday, April 1, 2013

Hiking?


So this weekend, we decided to keep it simple. Instead of going to visit other cities we decided to go hiking.
 Our plan was we would hike from St Goarshaussen to Kaub... about a 7 hour hike...

We started out early in the morning around 9:30 in St Goarshaussen we followed the signs that lead us to the trail. Somehow I do  not know we got lost... We ended up in a middle of nowhere town called Patersburg... cute town really... I enjoyed it. Anyways... we knew we were lost when the trail became road and then the GPS said we were not in the right area... However, the overall goal was to see the Loreley that rock were all the boats crashed when they looked at the beautiful maiden... yeah that one... So we decided to head in that direction. We came upon a Medieval fair in the middle of NOWHERE... I am serious. Imagine walking in the middle of nowhere and finding this fair... it was a bit strange... the cool thing was everyone dressed up and I got to meet this really cool guy dressed up riding a dragon. It kind of weirds you out to see forest and a fair all of a sudden. Anyways, we made it to the Loreley... 5 hours later... no joke...it took us 5 hours to get there when it was supposed to take 2 if you stuck to the trail. But it was nice we walked around and saw the beautiful Rhine river. We also saw the statue of the maiden. Although she did look pretty sad. I suggest you all go there it is pretty. Afterwards we figured we should head back to where we started because it was getting late. I am slightly disappointed that I did not get my 7 hour intensive hike. But I will before I leave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment