Saturday, April 13, 2013

Crunch time!

With less than a month left here in Germany, everything is starting to pile up. I think the ratio of tests taken: tests to take, has everyone a little worried. It’s definitely crunch time. This past week in Berlin was like the calm before the storm. I’ve already said my goodbyes to sufficient sleep every night. Not only is schoolwork increasing, but there is still so many “events” planned. We have the Deutsche Post half-marathon tomorrow morning (yay!), the Rheincruise next week, Portugal next weekend (ahh!), a behind-the-scenes tour at the Wuppertaler Zoo, a veterinary homeopathic lecture, and more! Berlin this past week was great though! We visited many historical places and learned how medicine was impacted/evolved throughout the time period. Even though the events that happened from 1933-1945 were terrible, learning about the city itself was pretty neat. One of the things this trip has really sparked is a (re)learning of world history. I remember reading all about the events we’ve discussed over the course of this trip in history textbooks growing up, but have since forgotten the details. I’m looking forward to researching everything we’ve done this summer when I have some free time. I can’t believe the end of the semester is already closing in. It does not feel like we’ve been here for 3 months. That and looking back at my journal entries and souvenirs amaze me; what haven’t we done?! And even though this semester has been an unforgettable experience, I’m already imagining my excitement when our plane lands in Dallas, Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment