Monday, April 1, 2013

Before Paris: One Class Down


Since last summer, that I worked at a Vet Clinic, I got the chance to work around the pharmacy. I would prepare some take homw medications for the patients, but never did I know what exactly I was handling. The names were clearly there, but what they were meant to treat or the mechanism they undergo in the animals body, I had no knowledge of. When I found out that this program offered a pharmacology course, I got so excited and right away knew I wanted to sign up for this class. At the beginning, Dr. Wasser, informed me that Pharmacology was presented as a four week course, I thought SCORE!!!! Easy peasy, lemon squeezy! Four weeks is nothing right? However, now that the course is over, I do wish it would have been longer. It is one of my favorite material I have learned so far and I am actually sad the class is over. I really did enjoy it and I wish I would had been longer so I could learn more material, and in more detail. Even though it was composed of four weeks, I learned so much each and everyday, to the point that I felt so lost and overwhelmed! However, when I got home and reviewed the material, it began to make sense. The body and the drugs are like a puzzle, you just have to see where it fits in order to make the picture. I have to admit, it was a bit challenging. Having a 4 week course obviously means we have to learn new and alot of material each and every day, and so we were basically quizzed every day, meaning I had to study every day to do well in the quizzes, but even after all that studying, I would get 7/10 on average for the quizzes. I promise I tried for that course, I might end up with a B, and even though I did not get an A, I learned so much in that class, and enjoyed it very much. Honestly, Dr. Fajt is an amazing teacher, and I can not wait to once again have her as my pharmacology professor a few years from now in Vet School. I Look forward to it. Farewell Pharmacology, I will be meeting you some time in the future and Im sure you will make my hair grow turn green! But for now, Bonjour Paris! Now that I do have the stress of one class being done with, I can go to Paris and have a carefree Easter weekend.  I am actually  a little hesistant about Paris. It is my second time going, and let's say that my first experience wasnt as amazing as everbody else is. One goes to paris, thinking youre going to have the time of your life, but it was otherwise for me. So this is ROUND TWO BABY!  We shall see what paris has to offer this time around :] All I know that is going down!
 "Nigguhs in Paris, that s*** is cray!" -Yeezy and Jay C aka Stephiee and Jessiee!

No comments:

Post a Comment