Sunday, April 21, 2013

Flohmarkt!

2pm, Saturday, April 20.
Stephanie, Jordan, and me met at Bonn Hbf for flea market at Rheinau. It was a bit late since the market began at 8am in the morning. But we still have about 2-3 hours to explore the German flea market.

I saw huge crowds of people through the window on the tram. The entire park seemed to be occupied. Almost everybody on the tram got off the same station. We followed the crowd and slooowly approached the entrance where the food market was. The noodle I had was 4 euros, and I got a LOT of food! Jordan and Stephanie have some fries, and it gave her a little trouble when we shopped.

Jordan left us to grab a jacket from her house for the Imagine Dragons concert at 7pm. D:

Most things I saw in the market were things you never truly need but somehow want to own: jewelries, home decors, toys, and costumes. Stephanie and I spent a long time at one store trying to get some cute earrings. They could be extremely creative when the "theme" of earrings. I saw scorpions, rhinos, dolphins in all kinds of postures...

The park itself had some beautiful views. Standing on the tiny hill in the middle, you see the Rhein flow throught the park quietly, the flying and dancing cherry blossoms as the wind pleasantly blew.

People started to pack up and leave at 4:30, but we stayed until around 5:30. It was a great experience, and I told the story to my host mom. She commented on the crowd of people and said she went there years ago at 6:00am and still couldn't see every thing when every one left.

No comments:

Post a Comment