Tuesday, April 23, 2013

LATE POST: Hike yesterday, Berlin Today!


Yesterday, for the first time, I went hiking! Is funny because in the morning, I did not feel like waking up and was seriously considering not going. However, I convinced myself to get up. I was already running late so I jogged to the train station, and right when I arrived, the train came! MY LUCK! :D Because I did take the train and not the subway, I ended up arriving early at the meeting point and got some breakfast. Once it was then 9 o'clock, I saw no one from my group at the Hauptbanhof. I waited 15 minutes, and I still hadn't seen anyone. I was about to leave when I heard some American girls speaking english! I asked them if they were there for the hike and they were! I was ecstatic! According to them, we were meant to meet up at 9 as well. We then found out we were meant to meet up at 10:30 and not 9 -_______- I couldve slept in! I was about to leave but one of the LMU girls convinced me to stay and boy am I glad she did! We got some coffee and then headed back to the meeting point. Once we returned, a whole big group was ready to leave! YEA!!! So Excited! Plus Andrew, Robert, Collin, and Kristen were there! :) It ended up that the location of our hiking was relatively close to where Kristen lives and she had gone hiking there before with her host family. How cool! Once the adventure started, no more pessimist grandma was around! The hike was definitely super fun and exciting! It made my legs thromb from the exercise, but it was worth it! The view was amazingly gorgeous: there were view points were you could see the whole city and even the Koln cathedral, however there was a bit of fog so we didnt get to see the cathedral.  We kept on hiking and were just in the woods of the hills. Is amazing how Dr. Rynar knew his way as the back of his palm! He is a sweet kind man. He had water, apples, and cookies prepared for all of us, and later on,  he invited us for lunch with wine and t was a big group! Throughout the way of the hike, Kristen and I walked together. It was really nice just walking and talking to her and getting to know her better :) Even though, I would sometimes bring up random stuff to talk about, she is so versatile and open minded to anything and can keep a conversation going. Beyond that, she's a  very nobel girl :) I am glad that she and Allison will be my other roommates in Berlin and we will get a chance to bond even more! Overall the hike was relaxing, with some parts consisted of huffing and puffing, others playing around, and some just of enjoying each others company. I am super glad that the LMU girl, Jaqui, convinced me to come after all (: Thank you!

Afterwards, Dr. Meissner, Robert, Andrew, little Meissner, and I went and got some gelato! I have no idea what flavor I got, but it was soo tasty! Compared back to home, I eat tons of sweets in Germany! Cookies, muffins, donuts, sweet breads, ice cream, gelato, chocolate, and now that I drink coffee and put like 5-7 packets of sugar, that is included in the list as well etc.. My sunday was fantastic, and I loved it. I would recommend any student to do hikes the following semesters as well!  OH! Did I mention that I love Andrew and Robert the duo! They are fantastically silly and they know how to make a person laugh!
Now We are on our way to Berlin and I am excited! For some reason, I been couped up at home the whole semester and stayed in my comfort zone. I do enjoy having some relaxed night ins, but usually I am more of a person who loves to go out and enjoy the company of friends and family. In germany, I just havent done any of that, and that will  be my only regret leaving: not getting to know my fellow classmastes more. In Berlin, I will say goodbye to the grandma state, and get back to who I actually am, and try to bond with everyone, well as long as they let me :) The weeks are counting down, and is becoming a bit more scary that there is a little bit of time to be with these people whom I have grown accustom to be with and see every day... So hopefully, in Berlin and the rest of the semester, I can get to know everyone a little better , and build friendships that will continue back at home. I dont wish to leave saying that these people are my classmates but instead these people are my friends! All I know is that regardless of what may happen, Berlin will be fun this week!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment