Monday, April 29, 2013

Cooking Chinese for family

Two weeks ago at dinner table my host family and I talked about different cuisine in Sicily (my host dad is from Sicily), Germany, and China. They are fascinated when I described rice soup and dumplings, so I decided to cook for them on a weekend and give them opportunity to be exposed to authentic Northern Chinese food.

I took the bus on Saturday morning to visit a Asian supermarket called Jin Long. It is located one block away from Friedensplatz. I got vegetables, special sauces, jasmine rice, frozen dumplings, and green onion "bread".

It took me  more than 2 hours to make 4 dishes. Since I have a vegetarian host sister, 3 out of the four dishes are veggie.

I used veggie meat (tofu actually) in one dish but it did not taste very good :(

Before I leave Bonn I should cook some more for them!




No comments:

Post a Comment