Monday, January 23, 2023

woche drie

    Seven of us took a trip to Brussels, Belgium this was the first excursion weekend of the semester and it was the second European country I have visited. It was quite remarkable, and I didn't expect it to be as great as it was. The city is beautiful, although this isn't the city you would want to go to if nature was your main source of awe, Brussels is architecturally stunning. The cobblestone pavings to the gold plated furnishings in the grand palace, this city was filled with old artwork that I am not accustomed to back in Texas. The smells walking through the city were amazing, as you walked by various stores you could almost close your eyes and know whats coming, the chocolate aroma, the warm waffle scent, everything was so enticing. The metro was super convenient and clean, its been the best metro system I've ever used. I ran into many english speaks as well as most shop owners spoke great english, I also love hearing the French language being spoken around it's just a beautiful language. I enjoyed the famous Brussels flea market where there was tons of random old pieces of history just laying about. We went to National Basilica of the Sacred Heart where we caught a french catholic service, as they began to sing their voices filled the church and it was acoustically spectacular. From my experience it's always quiet but to hear how it was meant to be used was really cool. Brussels is definitely my new favorite city in the World we'll see how long that holds as I will be exploring a lot more this semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment