Saturday, January 7, 2023

pre-departure post

 As always, i finished packing as last minute as possible. it was a bit difficult keeping my checked suitcase under the weight limit, but we finally got it to the right weight. My mom made honduran baleadas for my last breakfast in texas! I said bye to my brother & my dog, Helmut. Helmut was sweet as always but antonio probably didn’t care that i’m leaving for four months. Now i’m writing this post from the car as we drive to houston. (trying not to take a nap so i can sleep on the plane)

My host mom responded to my text & apparently there’s something wrong with my school email because i never received her email from two weeks ago. I’m excited to see what she cooks everyday! The couple have two girls in elementary school & im glad my job prepared me to be with young kids because i’ve never really been around younger family members considering my brother & i are the youngest of our family. My host family seem super sweet & im really glad another student is living across the street from their house!


update: i cried at the airport 

No comments:

Post a Comment