Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Week 2

     I had an amazing during my second week here in Bonn. We started the week with the first set of classes for this semester. I learned some interesting things about the early medical practices of ancient Mesopotamia in our History of Medicine in Europe and learned in depth about homeostasis and its important role in our body. In addition to this, we started learning German through our German class. Although I do not speak the language at all, I expect to at least learn most of the keywords needed to maintain a conversation in German.

     The weekend before the second week started, we all as a group explored Bonn's culture by visiting multiple bars across the downtown area and had a really nice time with one another. I think is amazing that we got to know the bars of Bonn as it allows us to be embedded with the local culture and know more about the places that make this city unique. 

    Throughout the week, we learned more about physiology, more specifically about homeostasis and how it is the basis of biological balance within the human body. I also found it fascinating how homeostasis depends on negative feedback loops for the organism to metabolize and balance itself chemically. I also spent this week bonding more with my host parents. They are amazing people and they have welcomed me and my other roommate Brady into their home in a lovely manner. 

    In addition to this, we had the opportunity to visit the beautiful city of Koln, where we had a tour of historical sites that surrounded the incredibly tall and gothic-style cathedral. We also visited the underground sites that had remains of the ancient Roman civilization which I found fascinating to see as it made me reflect on how humanity has advanced abruptly throughout time. This second week was simply fascinating, I enjoyed my time in Koln and I am definitely planning on visiting that beautiful city during my stay here. 








No comments:

Post a Comment