Friday, January 6, 2023

Pre-departure post

 Howdy! 

I am super excited about leaving for Germany tomorrow (although terrified of navigating an airport by myself). I am excited to meet my host family and to get back into the school year and to experience a new culture. But I am also very nervous. I can't speak german at all, will be living with strangers, and balancing school work with being in a new country with more exciting things to see and do than College Station. Over the last few days I've been saying goodbye to friends and family, but it hasn't hit me that I won't see them for 4 more months. I am the type of person to get nervous at the last minute so I'm not too stressed yet, but I will be tomorrow. 

I promised my family I would do my best to blog my trip through tik tok so if medical school doesn't work out hopefully my tik tok page will blow up and I can live as an influencer. 

The things I hope to get out of this semester is a better understanding of the world outside of America and a better understanding of the medical culture in a different country. I also hope to go on lots of hikes and see lots of what Germany/Europe has to offer. 


- Erin Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment