Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Pre-departure thoughts and context

1: Pre-departure
    There are many things I will be putting on pause as I make this adventure to Bonn, Germany with this group of faculty and classmates from Texas A&M. I will be sharing life with people still only from an international distance. I will forego hugging my family and friends in hope that the trade-off of this adventure will bring forth opportunity and advancement in my capacity to see the world with a fuller one health perspective. This will be my first time flying alone, this reality brings a small amount of anxiety from the unknown, but I am comforted in the fact that once I make it on the ground in Bonn, alongside me will be friends I've made since being at A&M. Although this is a temporary journey I expect these 4 months to have a lifelong impact. I am not naive to think that by happenstance a life-changing experience will take place without putting in the effort to immerse into the culture. I am prepared to talk to others with an open mind, explore new foods, and share my passions with the culture I immerse in. I have the support from a lot of people back home whom I am very fortunate and thankful to have. Although this will take me over 5000 miles (8000 kilometers) from home, it has been affirmed that this is my path, as doors have repeatedly been open for me to make it abroad I am sure this is my future. With this in mind, my fears can be released and my joy can be unending because I know I am at peace with any circumstance that will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment