Saturday, January 7, 2023

Pre-departure thoughts

 The day has finally arrived. The day I leave for western Europe to follow my dreams and become more prepared for my academic and professional careers. Although I feel a bit anxious and scared of what I might face in a different hemisphere of this planet, I am excited to explore a new culture and learn new practices that will enrich my knowledge of the healthcare system across the globe. It was hard leaving as I believe this is the longest time that I will not be able to see my family and friends, especially my girlfriend. Although we are in a long-distance relationship, the feeling of not being close to her and leaving earlier this semester leads me to experience sad thoughts. Despite these negative feelings, however, the support of my family and loved ones has motivated me to keep moving forward and not look back. They have told me to keep chasing my dreams and become the greatest pharmacist the world has seen. Their support is the key that allows me to be here, to be sharing my thoughts and experience throughout this upcoming trip through this unique platform. I feel nervous, but I also feel that this trip will change my life in a very positive way. The experience that I will live will be not only life-changing but will also feed me with precious knowledge that I will use as my life progresses. I am very excited and cannot wait to learn new biochemical reactions in the human body while being in a country rich in culture and history. I believe this trip will change my perception of human beings and how we interact despite being from different cultures. I am prepared to conquer Germany and later on, the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment