Sunday, January 29, 2023

Week 3!!!

 This week has been full of school. I enjoy all of my classes (all 15 hours!). Some are a lot harder than others, but that is expected.

I had the experience of going to the doctor this week, which is very different than America. I did not have to pay which was so weird, and the doctor sat me down in an office-type room before she did any kind of exam on me. She diagnosed me with BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo), so that's super fun. I am seeing a neurologist next week so hopefully, they can fix it...

I successfully got my first amazon package. It took a few tries but it finally worked, I now have an iron for my clothes. 

This week has been SO cold. I am freezing. I am not used to this kind of weather at all. 

The weekend was fun, right after class on Friday we all went to El Salvatore and then to Belini and ended up at the Irish pub. We played a few games and got to know each other more which is always fun. After half of us went to 5 Guys and the other half went to McDonald's...very American of us. However, the burger I had was so amazing I do not regret that at all. On Saturday, Peyton and I searched all of Bonn for a place to study just to end up at Starbucks. We really wanted to study at the University library, but the staff was not very friendly. After some time at Starbucks, we realized we could get into the AiB, so we headed there to finish our schoolwork. Then, some of us went to Bono for dinner. We had to sit outside but we were all very close together so we were warm. Then, Peyton and I headed home and finally got to sleep in a little the next morning. We went to AiB again to study for a bit then came home and called some of our friends to plan our trip to the south of France after our group trip to Paris. I am spending a lot of money here, but when will I ever be in Europe at 20 years old again? Plus, you have to spend your savings at some point :) 

I am starting to feel more comfortable here, less like a tourist and more like a resident, which is pretty cool. 


No comments:

Post a Comment