Saturday, January 7, 2023

Final Pre-Departure Thoughts

The day is finally here! Today I finish saying goodbye to family and friends and then I'm off to Germany. Packing certainly turned out to be a very difficult task than I realized, but I'm all loaded up and ready for this semester abroad. I'm definitely feeling the entire spectrum of emotions. I'm very excited to embark on this journey and explore Germany and its neighboring countries. There is so much that I am eagerly anticipating: immersion in another culture for a long-term period of time, learning about the history of medicine in Europe, meeting lots of new people (including my host family!), watching live football, exploring Europe's beauty, learning more about myself and the beautiful gift of life, and so much more. There's also plenty of anxiety and nerves inside as I anticipate my imminent flight, but that's natural for anyone under these circumstances. This semester will provide incredible opportunity, but I know that I must quickly adjust to provide myself the greatest opportunity to be successful both in and out of the classroom. This is my greatest worry at the moment, but I know that before I can blink, I will be all settled in and prepared for my courses and travel that is to come. I'm excited for this semester's adventures, and I cannot wait to track them as the weeks and months pass by. Until next time!

Colby Wilkens

No comments:

Post a Comment