Monday, January 23, 2023

Week 2

     Starting off our first full week of school, Monday was the first day we had actually gotten up when the sun was rising and it was beautiful. It was a little chilly, but the weather overall was really nice.After classes, we ended up going to the market square for lunch and I got food at a food truck called "A Taste of India". This was my first time trying Indian food, and it definitely won't be my last. Later in the evening, Amanda and I went to get her a Doner, and she really enjoyed it. On Tuesday we had our first official History of Medicine lecture and it was really cool. I am really looking forward to learning more about the history, I think it is interesting how far we have come in the health field, and how far we still have to go in discovering more. For lunch, I just made a sandwich and it was perfect. After lunch, we had a Historical Tour of Bonn with Dr. Wasser. This was a lot of fun, I find it so interesting that Dr. Wasser is so intelligent and knows so much information. On Wednesday, we went to Cologne. We had a tour around Cologne with a guide and he was really nice. I think it is really cool that Cologne has its own style of beer and that they have a chocolate factory. After the tour, we ended up going to the same gluten free bakery, and I got more of my snacks. Afterwards, we went to another museum and this once was not as fun. Germany is very rich in History, but not all of it is great. In this museum, we learned about a prison and how it was for the victims inside. Listening to our guide speak about it was depressing in itself, but then seeing the scripts written on the walls was even more heartbreaking. I love learning about the History of Germany, I just never fully realized the treatment of the people here and how devastating it was. When we got home that night, I crashed so early into the night. On Thursday, I had three classes and they all went really well. So far the workload isn't too bad, but this only the second week here. During lunch, Victoria and I went to "Cafe il Barista" and I got a Chai. It was so good, and it felt like I was back home for a minute. I do miss going and getting coffee with my mom, but getting coffee with my friends here has been really nice. On Friday, Amanda and I were going to eat breakfast at "Cream Company" but they weren't open and we wanted to get to the AiB to do some homework. Instead, we went to get coffee somewhere and just got a pastry for breakfast. I only had one class, and it was physiology lab. The weekend was a blast! A few of us went to Brussels and it was the most beautiful place I have ever seen. I got to try a Belgium Waffle, and some crepes! I even got a tattoo while over there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment