Thursday, January 19, 2023

Week 1!!!

 Starting with Sunday, Sunday was terrible honestly. I was so jetlagged and exhausted and nauseous. Absolutely terrible. I literally fell asleep on the airport floor. When we got to the AiB, things started to feel a little more real. Ute and Dietmar picked Peyton and me up, they are so sweet. They drove us home and gave us a tour of our house. I love it. The outside is very colorful and the apartment for Peyton and I is super cute. The views are amazing with giant windows that open up. I love my room too and the view from there. After we set our stuff down, we changed and went to dinner at an Italian place. Thank God, I was so hungry. We talked and got to know them a little better. Then, we went to a gelato place that was right next to the restaurant and it was soo good. After we went home and I slept. Sleeping the first few nights was not easy. I would wake up at 2, 5, or 6, not very fun. On Monday, we met at Bonn Hbf at 9 am. We had a welcome meeting and housing meeting, both of which were good and not stressful, although my anxiety was pretty intense. We then went on a walking tour with one of the AiB student workers and stopped to get lunch in the market square. On Tuesday, we had a VISA meeting and Peyton and I were accidentally an hour late... we filled out a bunch of German forms that were very official. Then, we went on a House of History tour given to us by Dr.Wasser, which was very informative. On Wednesday, we went on a hike that was very intense at first but was super fun. It was raining the whole time and cold but the views were amazing. On Thursday, Peyton and I had to go to a bank to get our residency, then we headed to the AiB. Today was our first day of school, we had a lecture from Dr. Wasser about "The Hero's Journey", discussing the transformative experience we are experiencing. We then had lunch and after, I had my first BMEN 211 class which is taught by Blanche. I am very excited to learn from her since I have been working with her for some time now. Lastly, we had our first German lesson, although we did not learn much German. Friday, we traveled to Aachen. We had our first meeting with Enmodes and learned about the project we will be working on. I am very excited about the project since it is a very real-world problem that we will actually have an impact on. After that, we had a tour of Aachen Cathedral and the Treasury, which was very beautiful. Then, we went to a gluten-free bakery which was super cute, and then an Italian restaurant to eat lunch, which was good of course. When we arrived back in Bonn, a few of us girls went out to a bar to grab a drink


No comments:

Post a Comment