Sunday, January 22, 2023

week 2 in Germany!

The second week was less chaotic, and I'm starting to get the hang of things; for example, I didn't end up lost in the tram system this time. 

Something that has stood out to me and that has been brought to my attention by multiple sources is that Bonn is a city with a high concentration of foreign students, in relation to that This week I went to check out Bonn's nightlife, and while out I met a few exchange students from various parts of the world, and the opportunity to interact with people from so many different backgrounds has made me feel even more at home here. 

this week, my group and I had also the opportunity to visit Cologne. I personally was blown away by the cathedral and its history! Before going to Cologne, I had different notions about it because I had heard it was a major city; for some reason, I imagined it as a city in the United States or perhaps Mexico, with a lot of tall buildings, but it wasn't. I'm guessing since the city predates American cities, made me appreciate it even more because walking around historical landmarks like cologne's cathedral is an opportunity that not everyone gets to experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment