Friday, January 20, 2023

Week 1

Having settled into life abroad, I'm now at the point where each of my days, especially typical class days at AIB here in Bonn, has become somewhat rhythmic. Each morning I wake up somewhere around 3-4 hours before class, pack my backpack for the day ahead, and begin my walk to the tram station, which is about 10 minutes from my house. Once in the main commercial center of Bonn, I go to the gym for a bit and then head to AIB for the day's classes, with room to socialize with friends or work on homework in between. After class, I usually finish up the day's work and head home to make dinner on time. However, every day in Bonn is certainly not the typical class day.

Over the first week in Bonn, we've been able to see a museum that highlights post-WWII German history, went for a hike at Drachenfalls, where we saw many ruins of castles and had a great view of the Rhine, and went for a day trip to Aachen, near Germany's border with Belgium and the Netherlands. Each of these experiences was enlightening in a different way, and I was able to write about and photograph much of the past seven days while still living in the moment. I feel like I've acclimated to life abroad quickly, and I cannot wait for the many experiences ahead.

Colby Wilkens

No comments:

Post a Comment