Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Week 1 (1/8-1/14)

  I’ve never been more thankful for melatonin than I was on the plane from Houston to Frankfurt. I barely slept the night before the flight so I was really tired during the flight and I knew I needed to sleep on it to beat the jet lag. There were toddlers screaming on the plane while they were playing and the parents wouldn’t do anything about it (despite the looks from everyone around them). The rest of the girls I flew with didn’t get to sleep at all because of this, but luckily, I had melatonin gummies and a sleeping eye-covering mask. Flying with the other girls from the program made me feel so much better than flying alone! After a full day of travel, I met my host family and they are literally picture perfect and incredibly kind! Antonia and Emilia have the same dynamic as my brother and I which is so funny to see every day. Emilia loves to tease Antonia and they’re both adorable. We had meetings and tours every day during the first week of our stay in Germany. Even though I was tired and trying to fix my sleeping schedule, I think it was good because it gave us a routine and time to interact with our program group. 

No comments:

Post a Comment