Friday, January 6, 2023

Pre-Departure Thoughts & Feelings

    As I sit on the couch writing this, I have to admit that I am very stressed! I still have so much to do before leaving for Germany in just over 24 hours that it’s a bit overwhelming. But I work well under pressure and know I will be just fine come tomorrow afternoon. Aside from the stress of packing, I am so excited to be heading to Bonn! I have been planning to participate in this program since freshman year and now as I enter my final semester of undergrad, here I am actually doing it. It’s crazy how fast the time has flown by since committing to the program in September. The excitement kept building but so did the nerves. I am anxious about living in a country whose language I don’t speak with people I don’t yet know that’s thousands of miles away from my family, friends, dog, and boyfriend. But more than that, I am looking forward to getting to know the other people in the program, building relationships with my host families, learning through a new perspective, and exploring Europe over the next four months. I’m ready to jump in and make the most of what is sure to be an incredible and transformative semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment