Sunday, January 29, 2023

Week 3: Getting into the Swing of Things

    This week has been fairly uneventful, which tells me that I am finally settling into a good routine. I have figured out the trains, where the places I frequent are, and how to effectively grocery shop. Erin and I have started going to the gym together pretty much every morning during the week. It's been a gratifying way to start my day and it's nice to be able to talk about whatever before we have to dive back into classes. It helps me to feel more prepared for the classes I have that day. The one day that we didn't go to the gym left me feeling like I had too much energy to spare. Getting the gym membership was absolutely a good decision. As for classes, I'm honestly enjoying learning about the material that is being taught in all of them. The science that Physiology and Genetics have covered thus far has been based on a lot of biology, which is my bread and butter. I find that I am able to quickly understand what is being taught and retain the information better because I am interested in what is being lectured on. I will say however, that the 7:45pm genetics lecture can be a pain to listen to. After a long day here in Germany, it is somewhat hard to have to log on to listen to an hour and 15 minute lecture. 

    At the end of this week, a large group of us went out to get drinks to unwind and continue to get to know each other. We ended up at the Irish pub that has started to become the go-to for our group and were able to get a table in a private room. I've liked getting to know some of the people in our group and enjoy getting to go out on Friday nights with them. A lot of us are able to get on pretty well and we balance each other out. Erin, Kassy, and I also got together on Saturday night to watch a movie. It was a strange experience having to be quiet in someone else's house when I have grown so used to having my own space and inviting friends over without a care. Would I do it again though? Without a doubt. I love spending time with them and sitting down to just talk and relax was a nice change of pace after our long week. 

    This next week has us spending a lot of time working on our respective projects. I have to say this project really is not my thing but that doesn't mean that I won't give it my all. Having to do research like this and solve a problem that doesn't have a clear answer is going to take some getting used to. I know at the end of the semester when we can present our potential solution it will all be worth it. Looking forward to what this week has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment