Sunday, January 29, 2023

Week 3

    This week was not the best week, I started it off fairly sick. The experience going to the doctor was extremely nice. It felt much more efficient than going to the doctor back home. The staff were great, the doctor was extremely nice, and the office itself seemed much more cleaner than your average doctor office back home. 

    In terms of school, classes really just started to pick up and I am really starting to enjoy the subjects more. In Physiology one, we started speaking more on cell physiology and how it works. Physiology two was even more interesting because we were talking about blood vessels and blood pressure. Learning about how each vessel functions, and what happens when it doesn't was fascinating. As the semester progresses, I am hoping I will still be able to handle the workload or study load the way needed to be successful while here in Germany. In physiology one we have lab, and I am not the biggest fan of labs. This is honestly my least favorite class. Labs have always been more difficult for me and having one here honestly is not my cup of tea. 

    Exploring this week wasn't too busy. I think this week was much more chill and studious, we mainly just tried new restaurants and coffee shops. One of my favorite new places is definitely Lighthouse Cafe. They had gluten free bread, so I was able to get these toasts with nutella and bananas for breakfast. Amanda and I also were able to get a vanilla latte which was so good. Friday night we went to a few bars as a group and it was a lot of fun. Before coming on this trip, I was really nervous about making friends and being alone. Now, I can say that I enjoy going out and hanging out with some of the people here. A few people here never fail to put a smile on my face and it honestly has been a blast so far. Saturday night, Amanda, Victoria, and I got some people to try one of our 'go to' places called "Bono Fresh and Tasty". I think they all enjoyed it, Emiliano and Pat wouldn't shut up about the chicken strips while we were there, I'd take that as a win. Bono has been just our thing, it was nice sharing it with other people and seeing them like it as much as we do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment