Friday, January 6, 2023

The night before take-off

 It still hasn't quite hit me that I will be flying off to live in a different country come tomorrow. I have all of my bags packed and waiting for me to live out of for the next four months. I feel a mixture of excitement, curiosity, uncertainty, and several other emotions I can't even begin to put into words. It's hard to imagine what the day to day will look like but I can't wait to get started. I know that this experience is truly once in a life time but that it will take work for it to have a lasting impact. The whole reason I am going is to be able to expand my understanding of the world so I'm going to give it my all and enjoy everything this experience has to offer. I know that there will be times that I miss home, family, and friends but they will all be waiting when I get back.

 I said "see you later" to the last friend I needed to today and now I'm ready to see what Germany holds. This felt like one of the final things I needed to do before I felt really ready to leave. My family will drop me off at the airport tomorrow and hugging them goodbye will be the last thing for me to do. While on this new adventure, I hope to pick up a decent amount of German and learn all that I can. This will be an experience that I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment