Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Week 1

This first week has been insightful for what is to come. 

Grocery stores are as frightening as I thought they would be. The privilege of having an HEB bagger waiting at the end of the line is overlooked. Learning German hasn’t been so easy. Planning trips can be very exhausting (omio and DM are your best friend). 

However, the public transportation is a blessing that I wish Americans could experience. This group is filled with caring, intelligent people, and a small part of me feels at home when I’m around them. My host parents have been very hospitable; they are the nicest people to exist. Our tour guide, Matt, has been extremely helpful. We don’t know what we would’ve done without him. I can’t wait to see which döner/currywurst place he’ll take us to next.

This weekend, a few of us have our first trip outside of Germany. Brussels. I’m excited, and I know we’ll have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment