Monday, January 30, 2023

Week 2 + 3: Going with the flow

 Week 2 started and I was feeling pretty homesick, the good thing was we had lots to do with a history tour around Bonn, a trip to Cologne, and then a big weekend trip to Switzerland! I was pretty scared to do this traveling due to the fact that it was a long, long, train ride to Switzerland with a lay over in the middle of the night and trying my best to sleep on the train, however when we got there it was great. Switzerland is beautiful and I am glad that I took the chance, even though it was uncomfortable, and went. 

Week 3 included lots of moving around to figure out my living situation, and living a normal school week in Bonn. I am starting to settle in with doing school work and timing my classes, although it is still a bit of an adjustment. A lot of this week was coming to terms with the fact that I was not compatible with my host family and I needed to move. Thankfully everyone at the AiB has been very supportive and helpful getting me to where I needed to be. On Sunday I officially moved out of my host families house and into a new one. Everyone has been wonderful and inviting and I think it will be a good change. I am not the best person at going with the flow, however I am learning that you need to take things as they come to you and it is ok to not know what to do. There are wonderful people around who only want the best for you.

Time has been a weird concept ever since I got to Germany, sometimes I plan the weeks in the future and feel like time is flying by, and other times I feel like the days and the weeks are as slow as a sloth. I am trying to live by the quote of "Live in the moment before it becomes a memory" but this is a lot harder than it sounds. Either way, I am doing my best to settle in here and I hope that soon, I will feel comfortable in my new house and do my best to live in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment