Saturday, January 7, 2023

Pre-Departure Thoughts

    Pre-departure for me has been very different to those by my classmates as I have been in Europe since mid-December. However, I was with my parents until a couple of days ago when they took the plane back to Texas and I took the train to Cologne. The excitement for this trip has been building since I first found out I had been accepted in mid-semester so knowing that tomorrow, I will be seeing my friends, classmates, foster-family, and professors, is a hell of a shock to me and a reminder of how fast time flies, which seems to be faster every year. 
    However, I cannot say that I am too excited for the classes. As my mom and dad told me multiple times, "you are there to study", I still keep seeing that we are in Europe and that going to another country with a different culture and language is only 30-50 euro and a 2-hour flight or train ride away. However, that is also the thing that I will try to perfect on my new adventure across the pond, my time-management, which has somehow managed to escape my thoughts every time I manage to have fun. On the other hand, I am excited to see how well I work without all the distractions at home such as a gaming pc. Hopefully, not having this will not only give me the opportunity to focus on school but to also go out and have a more social life. 
    In short-terms, I am both anxious to get this semester started and also excited to see the part of the world that has been spoken about greatly in history books!

No comments:

Post a Comment