Sunday, February 9, 2014

You know that feeling when you wake up in Belgium

This week flew by, full of studying for our very first Signals and circuitry test and a concert at the university in Bonn. Of course the night before our test we had a concert to attend but the relief from studying was welcomed gladly. Plus we got to dress up and look fancy, which is a bonus in my book. I grew up attending many operas and symphonies with my mom and have spent the majority of my life in choir so being able to see these things that I have grown up with in a foreign country was really special. Then the next day we had a guest lecturer from Dirk Lanzerath on Bioethics. He brought up many interesting points such as the use of stem cells for research and euthanasia and doctor assisted suicide. All of the points were very interesting and brought up some good debate. The rest of the week was mainly studying and wishing for sleep.

On a more personal note, I am currently on a train to Brussels!!!! And let me say that this is probably the fanciest train I have ever seen. It comes with electrical outlets and a desk (for homework of course) and wifi!!! Whoop whoop! I wish that America had trains as cool as this. We should be arriving in Brussels fairly soon and then I get to see Alice and meet her family. It will be very interesting to be the guest for a change with my former foreign exchange student. Now I’m the foreigner in her country. She has many wonderful things planned for us such as Belgian waffles, Belgian fries, Belgian beer and Belgian chocolate!!! I can’t wait for all of these delectable items, yummy!! Here is the first trip to another foreign country. I’m still amazed by the ease and speed of travel between countries here. Its only two hours to Brussels which seems very odd to someone from Texas where it takes at least six hours for me to even reach the closest boarder of the state. Well, let the adventure begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment