Sunday, February 9, 2014

Team Fenja!


This week, we attended the Bonn University orchestra concert. It was so powerful and moving when the choir and the band played together. We also lectured on bioethics. I really enjoyed the explanation about the trolley decision on whether you’d pull the switch and kill one rather than leaving it alone and killing five. This week, we met with our device design group for the first time and I really liked coming up with new ideas and it was really interesting getting to learn about the previous designs and flaws. Our group looked up the surgical procedures and watched videos of amputations. The procedure is actually rather clean and quick. It was a bit uncomforting when the surgeons would pull out the nerve twelve centimeters, then snip it so that the nerve would retract and not be near the amputation area.

This weekend, we’ll be going to Amsterdam. We’ll be visiting the Anne Frank House, the flower market (if it’s open this time of the year), the tulip fields (if they’re blooming already), the Van Gogh Museum, and some possibly a bike tour. We’ll be staying in a house in the forest outside of town. I’m a bit nervous travelling “alone” for the first time because we don’t understand the local language, Dutch. I’ll keep an open mind on this trip and I know it’ll be lots of fun!


I’m especially excited for next week when we’ll be going to Vienna and going to Sigmund Freuds’ House. Overall, the trip will be lots of fun and we’ll learn a lot. I’d better get on my signals homework and reading on my physiology! Tschusß!

No comments:

Post a Comment